This ginger and chicken stir fry is one of my go-to recipes for summer. It’s quick, easy, flavorful, and we all already know just how good ginger is for the body.
1 pound of boneless/skinless chicken thighs
3 ounces (1 full cup) of ginger sliced julienne
3 cloves of chopped garlic
half of a small onion, roughly chopped
4 bunches of green onion, cut about 1- 1 1/2 inches wide
dash of sesame oil
FOR THE SAUCE/MARINADE:
2 teaspoons of sugar
1/2 Tablespoon of fish sauce
1 Tablespoon of oyster sauce
1 Tablespoon of dark soy sauce
1/4 cup of water (may use more later)
black pepper to taste
1/2 Tablespoon of cornstarch
1. Cut up your chicken into bite sized pieces and set aside.
2. Into a small mixing bowl, add in your sugar, fish sauce, oyster sauce, dark soy sauce and water. Mix well.
3. Pour your sauce mixture over your chicken. Mix well. Add in some black pepper, and 1/2 Tablespoon of cornstarch. Mix again, and set aside.
4. Into a hot skillet, add in some olive oil. Stir fry your ginger for 2-3 minutes, or until softened.
5. Add in your chopped garlic and cook until fragrant.
6. Add in your marinaded chicken (including the sauce), into your skillet, turn up the heat a bit, and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring frequently.
7. When chicken is almost cooked through, add in your chopped white onion. Stir, and add a bit more water if necessary. Taste check for seasoning and cook for additional 3-5 more minutes.
8. Add in your green onions and cook for 1-2 more minutes, turn off heat, and drizzle in a bit of sesame oil.