It’s football season, which means: FOOTBALL FOOD!
I’m not a die-hard football or anything, but I am a die-hard fan of good appetizers. And this one definitely hits the spot!
1 (30 ounce) can of refried beans
1/3 cup of finely chopped white onion
8 ounces of ground beef
2 Tbsp of taco seasoning
1-2 Tbsp of water
1 green onion finely chopped
4 ounces of softened cream cheese
2 Tbsp of mayo
3 Tbsp of sour cream
1/4 tsp of garlic powder
freshly grated cheddar (reserve some for the topping)
You will also need:
your favorite chips
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
1. Coat three small ramekins with baking spray and set aside. You may use an 8×8 baking dish as well.
2. Into a hot skillet, add in some extra virgin olive oil. Add in your onions, a pinch of salt, and cook until softened.
3. Add in your ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain your beef well, wipe down your skillet with a clean paper towel, and place your skillet back on the stove.
4. On medium high heat, add your browned beef back into your skillet. Add in your taco seasoning, and a little bit of water. Cook for 1 more minute and then set this aside.
5. Into a large mixing bowl, add in your refried beans, browned beef, softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, sour cream, mayo, green onion, garlic powder, and black pepper. Mix well and taste check for seasoning. Add a pinch of salt if needed.
6. Evenly divide your bean dip into all 3 ramekins. Top with more cheese. Cover with saran wrap and place into freezer for later, or place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes (or until cheese has melted and is bubbly). Serve immediately with your favorite chips.