Is there anything more glorious than homemade pizza dough?? Okay, maybe not everyone feels the same way as I do about pizza dough, but one thing’s for sure; homemade beats store bought ANY DAY!
1 cup of warm water
2 1/4 tsp of active dry yeast
1 Tbsp of extra virgin olive oil(plus more to coat the mixing bowl)
1 Tbsp of honey
3 cups of all purpose flour (plus 2-3 more Tbsp for kneading)
1/4 cup of grated parmesan
1 tsp of salt
1. Add your warm water into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle in your yeast, olive oil, and honey and wait until mixture looks creamy (about 5 minutes).
2. Add in half of the flour and mix well.
3. Add in the rest of the flour, along with the parmesan cheese, and salt. Mix well with a wooden spoon, and then proceed to mix with your hands. Add more flour (a Tbsp at a time), until dough forms a ball. You may transfer dough onto a lightly floured surface and continue to knead for 5 more minutes. Dough should remain slightly tacky.
4. Place dough into a lightly oiled mixing bowl and toss to coat. Cover with saran wrap, and allow for it to double in size, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
5. Punch dough down and wait for 10 minutes (to relax the gluten a bit) before rolling it out.