The Best Chocolate Chip Cookies (Ever?)
I’ve tried many different recipes for chocolate chip cookies over the years, and this one is definitely my favorite…EVER! It’s soft and chewy, and if you bake it for just a tad bit longer, you get this delicious, and ever so crunchy bite, just around the outer edges.
Mmmm…cooooooookie (in Cookie Monster’s voice)
2 cups of SIFTED all purpose flour
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/2 tsp of salt
3/4 cup of SALTED butter, melted and cooled
3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of white granulated sugar
1 Tablespoon of vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1. Melt your butter in the microwave. Set aside and allow it to cool down a bit before using.
2. Into a bowl, sift your flour, baking soda, and salt.
3. Using your stand mixer fitted with your paddle attachment, add in your brown sugar, white sugar, and melted butter and cream for 3 minutes on medium speed. Scrape down the bowl as needed.
4. With your mixer on “stir”, add in your egg, egg yolk, and vanilla extract. Turn the mixer up to speed 4 (medium speed), and mix just until combined.
5. With your mixer on “stir”, slowly incorporate your dry mixture, a little at a time, just until mixed. Scrape down your bowl at least once.
6. Add in your chocolate chips just until combined.
7. Place a piece of parchment paper onto a baking sheet and using an ice cream scoop (for smaller cookies, use a melon baller) and scoop out your cookies, making sure there is at least 2-3 inches in between each cookie.
8. Place cookies into the freezer for 30-40 minutes.
9. Bake cookies in a preheated 325 degree oven for about 17-19 minutes, or until edges are slightly golden brown. Allow cookies to cool completely on the baking sheet before eating.
*This recipe was inspired by the recipe I found here.
-If you want to make smaller cookies (using a melon baller) the cookies will bake a bit faster.
- You MUST freeze the batter before baking because if you don’t, your cookies will spread quite a bit.
- Adjust baking time, depending on how long your cookies have been in the freezer.
-These cookies are even better the next day!