Cafe Sua Da(Vietnamese Iced Coffee)
Most of you will have already known about this very popular Vietnamese coffee drink called Cafe Sua Da. Personally, I think it tastes 10 times better than other coffee drinks AND it’s more affordable. This coffee drink is all I need to get me through a day filled with cooking, cleaning, and chauffeuring my children back and forth between their extracurricular activities.
With that being said…
EFF YOU STARBUCKS ON EVERY FREAKIN’ CORNER.
1/2 cup plus 2 Tbsp of hot water
2 Tbsp of condensed milk(I prefer the Longevity Condensed Milk)
You will also need:
a glass filled with ice(all the way up to the rim)
1. Place your condensed milk into a clear short glass. I like to use a clear glass so that I can see just how fast my coffee is dripping. If it’s dripping too fast, then I know that I need to tighten the filter.
2. Add your coffee into your filter, push down firmly, and slightly twist. Shake off any excess and wipe the bottom of the filter. This will help ensure that not too many specks of ground coffee get into your drink.
3. Place your coffee filter on your short glass that’s filled with the condensed milk.
4. Pour in 2 Tbsp of hot water(place the lid on)and wait for it to drip. This will soak into the ground coffee and give you a stronger coffee flavor.
5. Add in the remainder of your hot water into the filter and place the lid on again.
6.Remove coffee filter and stir.
7. Pour into a glass filled with ice. Stir and drink immediately!
NOTES: You may adjust the overall sweetness by adding more or less condensed milk. The tighter the filter, the slower the drip so if you want REALLY strong coffee, let it drip slowly. Personally, I just don’t have the patience to wait longer than a few minutes.