Chinese Broccoli with Oyster Sauce
Chinese broccoli with oyster sauce is one of my most favorite things to order, EVER. Something about the crisp texture when you bite down on it, mixed with the salty and sweet flavor from the oyster sauce, just really completes the ultimate dim sum experience for me.
1 bunch of Chinese broccoli cleaned
2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
FOR THE SAUCE:
3 Tbsp of oyster sauce
1 tsp of sugar dissolved in 2 Tbsp of very hot water
1 tsp of soy sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
1 tsp of hot chili oil
1/4 tsp of onion powder
1. Bring a big pot of water to a rolling boil.
2. In the meantime, trim and cut all of your Chinese broccoli. Cut the leaves from the middle stem and then cut the stem in half, right down the middle.
3. Make your sauce and then set this aside.
4. With your water at a rolling boil, add in all of your Chinese broccoli and cook until bright green, about 2-3 minutes. Do not overcook.
5. Place in colander and run under some cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain well.
6. Place cooked broccoli onto a serving platter.
7. On medium heat, add some vegetable oil into your hot pan. Stir fry your garlic until golden brown and fragrant. Add in your prepared sauce, stir, and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
8. Pour your garlic and oyster sauce mixture onto your cooked Chinese broccoli and serve immediately.